Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

SPEECHLESS, HELPLESS, HOPELESS

SPEECHLESS, HELPLESS, HOPELESS.
BIBLE READING: JEREMIAH 17:1-15
Good morning my beloved friends in Christ. As I woke up this morning, preparing for today's Prayer Bombs, I open my email and saw a message sent to me from one pastor friend, and I desire to share it with you. God bless you as you read on.
Speechless, Helpless, Hopeless
Jeremiah had just told them what in the previous verse: “Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the Lord, and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?” (Jeremiah 5:29). If you will not have God as your treasure, you will have him as your enemy.
“Joyless compliance with God’s commands is useless. Without satisfaction in God himself, all repentance is vain.”
And “what will you do” when you stand before God as your omnipotent, infinitely just, and all-knowing enemy? What will you do when you face the one you have belittled all your life by finding him boring, and unworthy your greatest affections?
Do you want to be speechless, helpless, and hopeless?
“What will you do when the end comes?” What will your mouth do? Will you begin with protests that you are not being treated fairly?
You know what he will say, if you try that. He will say, “I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight” (Jeremiah 9:24).
Do you think you will be able to make a case that your marginalizing of God in this life was a small thing? Or will you make your claim that you were weak and helpless? Really?
Tooweak to trust in the strength of another? Too weak to trust in the wealth and beauty of God?
You know you were not too weak to trust. You know it, because:
“you trusted in your works and your treasures” (Jeremiah 48:7).
You “trusted in deceptive words” (Jeremiah 7:8).
“You trusted in lies” (Jeremiah 13:25).
You trusted in the arm of the flesh, though I warned you repeatedly,
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord” (Jeremiah 17:5).
“If you will not have God as your treasure, you will have him as your
enemy.”
And I didn’t just warn you. I promised you. I wooed you, and allured you. I promised, “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord” (Jeremiah 17:7). I told you that “because you put your trust in me . . you shall have your life” by John Piper.
Prayer Bombs for Today
1. Father I confess all my sin unto you, forgive me and wash me clean in Jesus name.
2. Father I surrender my heart unto you, take total control of heart in Jesus name.
3. Father, cause me to hope in you all the time
4. Father, let your words dwelling and enrich me in Jesus name.
5. Father, take away from me any distraction that can hinder me to following you in Jesus name.

Post a Comment

0 Comments