Topic: Self Examination
Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 13:1-6
With thank God for given us grace to witness the last Sunday of year 2015. We started in peace and ended in peace not in pieces, glory be to His Holy name.
Gradually, this year is coming to end, and it is very important for everyone to do spiritual examination to know where we are in this year 2015. This year should not go without critical examination of individual. We are mandating to examine ourselves before we say goodbye to the year.
What You Must Examine in Your Life:
1. Examine Your Ways – Lamentation 3:40. There are several ways that people use to follow, but only one way was appointed and approved for every Christian to follow in their lives which is JESUS WAY. Others ways will cause you to fail and fall while the WAY of Jesus will make and cause you to succeed and end well in peace. The WAY you follow will determine where you will end to. If you follow the ungodly way, surely you will reap and end sorrow, sadness and failure.
2. Examine Your Characters – Matthew 7:5. Character play important role in our daily relationship with others. Our character is what proves us who we are with our neighbour and people around us. You cannot hide your character. Your character must be examined by yourself to know how far you influence people either positively or negatively. This year, is your character win soul to the Kingdom of God or populating the kingdom of Satan? Are your character derail people away from Christ or develop people in godliness? Is your character brings positive change to the church of God or bring crisis to the Body of Christ? All these and others questions you must ask yourself!
3. Examine Yourself if You are Still in Faith – 2 Cor.13:5. The way many people take Christ when they first met Him was very high. 24/7 they are in church fellowship. Every time they attend Bible Study or Bible Class. Every day, they hungry to know more about God and His Word in their meditating and reading their Bible, but now, they were too busy with world things that have no profit. They are too lazy in attending church services, even Sunday service, they will be there late. They are now full of excuses. If you are among them, you must examine yourself and repent now before it is late. If Jesus comes today, can He still meet you in living faith that thirst for Him?
4. Examine Your Work – Galatians 6:3-4. Another thing you must examine is your work, business, job, studies, etc. is your work prospering this year? Is your work is done in godly way? Do you fraud people this year with your work? How many people you deceive with your business? Every profit you make this year was it approved and accepted by God? Everything you called achievement in your business, job or work for this year, is earned or achieved in godly and right way? Think of it all!
5. Examine Your Possessions – I kings 3:21. At this point, you are to examine if you possess all the possessions that God has for you this year. The possessions in your hands are the one that belong to you or the one that belong to the devil. The woman that owns the living child in 1 Kings 3:16-28, was robbed and another woman gave her dead child, but when she examined the child critically, she discovered that the child in her hands is not her child and she cried unto king to help her got her child back. If the woman did not examine the child very well, she could have end carried dead child. This same applicable to you now, examine your possessions, are they yours? Have you got all what God has for you this year in terms of money, joy, properties, etc? Well, the word of God is telling you to examine your possessions if it is complete for this year. Mind you, it is not too late for you to achieve and possess all your possessions for the year 2015. God is the mighty God that can do all things without hindrances. If you has faith in HIM, He can surprise you with uncommon testimony in the remaining days of this year.
6. Examine Yourself if You are Qualify to Eat With Christ – 1Cor.11:28. The last but not the least of where we should examine ourselves is our qualification in eating with Jesus at the Marriage of the Lamb. Not everybody will be in the Marriage of the Lamb that is coming at anytime from now. Only those that prepare themselves in maintaining godliness, righteousness, holiness and faithfulness will be the participants. Anybody that is living the sinful life of adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, stealing, fraud, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness, reveling, assassination, kidnapping, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21.
7. Conclusion, examine yourself and know where you are the keys to amend your ways and return to God in holiness and righteousness of heart. You cannot continue living your life as you like, you must commit yourself in doing the WILL of God. As this year is coming to end, I urge you to put end to all your bad behaviours, all your bad characters, all the evil imagination that fill your heart. Enrich your soul and mind with the word of God. Meditate and study your Bible day and night. Engage yourself in fervent prayer and fasting. God bless you!
1. Father, I thank you for given me another grace to witness the last Sunday in year 2015 in peace and joy
2. Father, purge me and wash me clean with the Blood of Jesus
3. Father, examine me and restore me back to your Way in the name of Jesus
4. Father, restore back all my loses in fullness in the name of Jesus
5. In the remain days of this year, I will possess all my possessions and be fruitful in the name of Jesus
6. As this year is coming to end, all my sorrow, sadness, failure, sickness, poverty, barrenness, disappointed are expire today in the name of Jesus.
7. In the name of Jesus, the door of blessing, fruitfulness, success, prosperity, joy and peace for 2016 is hereby open for me by fire.