Monday January 12, 2015
Topic: DARE TO BE GREATER
Read: 1 Samuel 17:43-48
Memorize: “Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.” 1 Samuel 17:45
Andres Lara said: “It is easy to be great where everyone is into mediocrity, yet it is not easy to be a mediocre where everyone is into greatness. Dare to be great among the greatest”.
We have seen from 1 Samuel 18:6-9; 2 Corinthians 10:12 that we should beware of competing against the wrong crowd. It prevents from reaching one’s full potential. Ask yourself: “Whose interest is topmost in all my ways and doings? Is that of God or self?”
God was definitely right and unmistaken when He chose David even as a lad in replacement of King Saul (1 Samuel 16:1, 12). The dynasty through divine decree, was shifted because of David, in spite of all hardships he faced, threats to his life and being misconstrued, was always daring to be greater for God (1 Samuel 17:29, 32-37). The Scripture speaks out clearly that: For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. Mark 8:35.
Dare to be greater for God today. Do not be complacent, no matter what you have achieved, God can lead you farther. Do not be discouraged; you are about to move to the next level, but be diligent.
1. Lord use me to defend Your cause in Jesus name
2. Pray that God should annihilate schism and undue deviations from God’s Word in Christian bodies.
3. Lord help the believers to appreciate the importance of diligence and faithfulness in Jesus name
4. I dare to be great from this moment in the name of Jesus
5. Any forces of wickedness that will cause me to not to be great, I render them useless by the fire and thunder of God in Jesus name
6. The door of greatness that have been set before me shall not close in the mighty name of JESUS
7. As from today henceforth, every activities from the pity of hell that will not allow me to be great are hereby scatter by thunder of God in the name of Jesus